1. Currently making this, but in a turquoise blue. I’m looking forward to knitting something plain next. Something white or pewter gray and easy. Good for snuggling into the couch on a cold night.
2. Pondering whether to get an indoor fig tree. They look so restful. From http://honeywerehome.blogspot.ca
3. Can’t wait to make something from Ricardo’s new slowcooker book that I picked up yesterday. I was at a work event and my booth was set up next to Alison Fryer of The Cookbook Shop fame so it’s hardly surprising that I came home with something. Sitting next to Alison made the day fly by and I highly recommend a trip to her store when you’re next in town.
4. A lemon pudding cake for dessert tonight sounds just about right. I like to make something a little extra special for dessert on Sunday nights. Not the usual yogurt, bananas with milk or applesauce fare.
5. Something like this may solve my problem of where to put all the mitts, and hats that accumulate by the front door.
It’s still the weekend here – yee olde Canadian Thanksgiving – so it’s not to late to squeeze in a Weekend Comforts post – a random assortment of comforting bits and bobs.
1) I was listening to somebody talk about the feeling of getting into a bed made with line-dried sheets. And it *is* kind of an amazing feeling but I’d need to install something. This is pricy, but I like that it isn’t permanent.
2) The colour of this made my heart flutter a little. I wonder if I’m up to knitting it.
3) How cute is this hobbit house? Oh to be small enough to settle into one of these little cottages.
4) After some actual literature (I swear), I picked up this at the library and it’s just sweet. Like molasses candy or something. Just old-fashioned and sweet.
5) Would love some prettier mugs for tea. These colours are beautiful.